The Beginning of the Story
I’m a marketing professional who fell into the car business; it’s a long story but the important part is that I was formally trained in marketing and practiced what I had studied for about 25 years at the corporate level before being introduced to the car business. What the car business taught me was how to sell cars and how to apply my marketing chops to do it differently than those brought up in the car business. In the process, I learned how marketing and sales work best together, where it really counts… on the showroom floor, face to face, when being able to close the deal is the only benchmark of success.
What I Can Do For Car Sales & Service People
Let’s start at the sharp end of the Sales & Marketing Spear: Your Sales & Service Team! My mission and focus is to equip car salespeople and service advisors with the knowledge and tools necessary:
to find (and be found by) prospective clients in the market for a vehicle or vehicle service;
- to provide compelling reasons to engage and work with clients of the dealership;
- to set the stage for a great purchase/service experience which results in a sale;
- to help you build a post-sale connection that produces an endless flow of recommendations, referrals, and repeat purchases.
What I Can Do For Car Dealership Managers and Owners
Let’s move to the Management Team who are supporting the sales & service teams. My mission and focus is to work with your website host/provider to configure the Staff Page to accommodate a complete bio for each sales/service advisor including contact info, photo, write up, embedded video(s), and links to additional resources that prospects can use:
- to facilitate the booking of appointments from the Staff Page by integrating with your CRM;
- to set the stage for a great delivery experience that provides content (testimonials, etc.) for each team members’ “brag book”;
- to set up a post-delivery process (preferably using the dealership CRM) that nurtures sold customers by maintaining regular communication and follow up (including automated processes) that maintains contact between customers and their sales & service advisors.